Tuesday, June 07, 2011

A Dramatic Butt-Washing

Because Slash is so floofy,
the business of pooping can get a little messy for him.

Guess who gets the fun job of cleaning his butt?

Here's a little peek at the soapy drama I have to endure from his butt-washing:

With my arm strategically hooked under his chest and between his arms,
I lower Slash into a sink with warm running water.

Because his fur is so thick,
it takes a while for him to feel the water on his behind.
He usually starts out being oblivious and fairly relaxed...

To being rudely shocked and offended.

The first physical struggle is usually a weak one.
At this stage, he is merely testing the strength of my grip on him.

As his patience wears thin, the struggles get stronger and more violent.

It is at this time that I have to be careful because
he would have figured out an escape route.

A look of utter mischief confirms my fear.

In a flash, he is out of my arms and on top of my shoulders,
his wet butt dripping conditioner all over me.

The naughty boy won't even bother to leap off
where I would have a better chance of re-capturing him.
Instead, he cleverly stays perched on my shoulders and out of my reach.

With help from my startled friend Jennet, Slash is back in the sink.
I assure her that I am unhurt.

Apart from getting wet...

And having my top torn by his claws, I have not been mauled.

A sulky Slash surrenders himself finally and
allows me to finish up the butt bath without further drama.

The final stage in Slash's torment is a quick drying of his bottom
with a super absorbent microfibre towel.

Wet and grumpy, but poop-free and smelling like green apples,
I release him to freedom.

I'll give Slash some peace for now...
before tormenting him with a good brushing of his bottom later.

~5-Cat Style

22 comments:

Mr Puddy said...

Slash, Thanks for the show !
Mom take a note cause I always have a poop butt too and I'm so lazy to clean...heh..heh

Marg said...

That was quite a process and Slash, you sure were good even though you escaped one time. We sure wouldn't let our Mom do that to us even if our butt was a little messy. What a nice Mom to do this job. Take care.

Oldcat said...

Perhaps next time you could put a second thick towel on your shoulders like a shawl.

It might help with the wet and the claws too.

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Wow, that is quite a process! How often do you have to do that? (And do you wear the same top every time so your wardrobe doesn't end up shredded?) I like Slash's facial expressions during the whole thing - you can really tell what he's thinking!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

This happens to Gemini too. She is much more likely to be growling and spitting as well as having her claws out.

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Slash seemed to take that washing very well for a kitty!! Love the pictures very much! Sometimes I have to do that with Holly because of all of her fur that picks up the poop and she hates it very much. I can't pick her up though because she weighs about 45 pounds so I have to grab her and hold her hostage while I clean her! Lots of love, Debbie & Holly

Sparkle said...

Slash, you were definitely not enjoying that! I get the feeling this is not your human's favorite task either.

Katnip Lounge said...

OMC! Slash, the LOOK on your face when you realize the indignity of it all, it's priceless!

Johnny has his pants trimmed a couple times a year, Mommy hold him and Daddy trims...he has much the same reaction!

Louche Tabby said...

This story was so action-packed and full of drama. Better than an episode of Starsky & Hutch!

The Island Cats said...

Slash, you are not a happy camper!!

A few Good Cats said...

Slash has his dignity to uphold! We are glad you were not hurt, because we are sure he could have lived up to his name and slashed you.

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor Slash, what an indignity to have that all put out by the pawpurrazzi!

Veronica said...

What a super cute butt-washing post!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Oh no! There goes your street cred, Slash. purrr....meow!

Daisy said...

Oh Slash, you have some good moves!

Celia said...

Our lovely Birman requires the same buttwashing treatment! :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Those were such funny pictures to watch. I have a trick for avoidin that, though. I may be a shorthair kitty, but I got a rather floofy butt. So I do "The Butt Skooch" on the carpet... MOL!

Iza

Anonymous said...

HAHA I wish my butt smelled like green apples!

Sweet Purrfections said...

What a wonderful story in pictures! I was beginning to visualize Slash living up to his name.

Mom Paula

zool said...

hehehhe.. ain't easy to wash her but.. nice job

VJ said...

The whole series of pictures put a smile on my face :-) Thanks for sharing !

World of Animals, Inc said...

Slash, we love that you stay on your moms shoulders so she can't grab you again. Thanks for the share. Looks like hard work from here. Have a great one.
World of Animals