Monday, April 30, 2012

How to Dry Wet Cats - The Slash & Bronzy Method

I have often been asked how I dry my cats after bathing them.

It is easy with Bronzy.
Her short fur dries pretty quickly on its own.
On cold days, I can use the blow-dryer on her as she is quite tolerant of it.

Slash, on the other hand, takes longer than 24 hours to dry.
And while it is not impossible to speed up the process with a blow-dryer,
believe me when I say that he makes the task quite challenging.

The other thing about a wet Slash is that he will hunt down all my important paperwork to sit on.
Immigration documents, lecture notes, handwritten letters from friends...
I'd find them wet, smudged and ripped if I neglect to hide them away.

So here is my easy solution...
Clean towels, an empty cabinet and 2 wet cats.


Slash and Bronzy will happily nap there for hours, leaving all my papers safe and dry.

~5-Cat Style

11 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Now there's an idea! Not that we get bathed much.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I think We will skip the bath thing!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We rarely get wet, but when we do, we lick ourselfs dry. TBT is always amazed that it works!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a good idea. They look very content there.

Sparkle said...

See, that is a smart human thing to do - come up with something awesome that the kitties will prefer! Paws up!

Terri said...

Brilliant! The kitties look very happy there :)

Ellen Whyte said...

What a smart move! We love it. But we don't love baths.

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Smart solution! Melly takes a long time to dry too, and she is terrified of the blow-drier. I will have to try your method!

Marilia said...

Great solution!!!!

Kat and the Furrsonality gang said...

Hey, that's a wonderful idea!!!

World of Animals, Inc. said...

That's a wonderful idea. We are surprised that they actually stay there for that long. Maybe they love the softness of the towel they are on or they a tired from the bath. Thanks for sharing your idea. Now the paperwork will be nice a dry now. Have a great weekend.
World of Animals