Friday, June 05, 2009

A Possible Infection for Bronzy

Early this morning, we noticed that Bronzy's surgical area had swelled up to form a huge "hill". It felt slightly hard. I checked the stitches and they were intact. There was also no redness around the area of the wound. But off to the Vet she went anyway to see if it had gotten infected.

The vet said that she was healing well and that he liked what he saw.

Bronzy's stitches after she returned home from the spay. There is no swelling or redness here

But only just a while ago, I noticed a red patch near the surgical area. It is a darkish red and I am concerned. Although Bronzy is behaving quite normally, she will be brought back to the Vet tomorrow for a more thorough check.

I really hope that all of this is part of a normal healing and that I am just being a paranoid Mom.

~5-Cat Style

9 comments:

Kaze, Latte, & Chase said...

Believe me, mom's get paranoid about such things, especially mom's who are studying to be vets :). I'm an old pro at suture removal (I took mine out...oh 3 times after my bone biopsy). The first time it was infected and believe me....you could tell! Hopefully all is normal in the way of healing little Bronzy!

Latte

Daisy said...

I hope Bronzy gets all healed up soon! Stitches are itchy!

Sweet Praline said...

I hope Bronzy is okay, too!

My mom is pretty paranoid about me, so she is sending her best wishes.

Ginger Jasper said...

Mum says all mums are paranoid, but thats ok, its good to care.



Hugs GJ x

Anonymous said...

I get your feelings, fellow animal Mom. I'm sure Bronzy will heal sooneest with your tendor loving care :) heheh, Dawnie and Elle

Reese =^..^= said...

I hope effuryfing turns out ok. I'll be finking about you.

The Island Cats said...

We hope Bronzy is okay!

The Creek Cats said...

We are sending Bronzy lots of healing vibes! We are also sending comforting vibes to Mom!

Our mom is majorly paranoid when it comes to us kitties, so it's only natural!

Kaz's Cats said...

We hope that little Bronzy is okay - we'll send our purrs to help her get better.

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha & Karen (Mum)