Thursday, February 16, 2006

The power of TV and Jessica Alba on young minds

Last evening, I had dinner with my best friend, Wendy, and her 2 1/2-year-old son. After pigging out on pan-fried carrot cake (extra black!), poh piah, satay and chicken briyani, we set ourselves down on the couch to watch American Idol.

It was becoming difficult to hear the TV because the boy was growing increasingly noisy and hyper. Finally, Wendy made him stand in the corner of the hall to think about why he was misbehaving.

He looked at us forlornly and said, "I want to drink Tiger beer."

I didn't want to play down the seriousness of his punishment, but it was all I could do to choke back the loud guffaws without tearing up too badly.

Wendy looked at him and asked, "Who said you could drink Tiger beer?" Then turning to me, she sighed, "The power of TV and Jessica Alba. Well, at least his Daddy will be proud he took after him."

~5-Cat Style

4 comments:

lambj said...

LOL. Kids are amazing. He was trying to shock Mom for giving him a time out. TV ads are as bad as some of the stuff popping up on web sites and in spam email. At 9, my son wanted to know about the ads around a show I like. I explained about some men's feelings about their body, and he followed up with the question, then why does his wife become so happy too? Thinking quickly, I reminded him that when one person is unhappy, the whole family is unhappy, and it's the same with happiness. Luckily, he accepted that!

WCTs said...

WE HAVE POSTED HINTS!!!!

Come to our blog and read hints about our 2 Pawtraits.
We would much appreciate any hints you feel OK providing too, only if you want.
I found the hints in the laundry room....you will see!

Tannie Man,
The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South
=^..^=

=^..^= said...

Ahaha! Lucky you got off easy on that one, Lambj. Otherwise, it might have been a long night of Biology lessons for you.

Tannie Man, thanks for your hints. I've already posted my hints up. Good luck with the contest! :)

~5-Cat Style

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Toronto laser eye surgery prices patents Running calf pain cramps Wallace academy school of culinary arts nashville canon digital camera price comparisons Efficacy of fluoxetine for trichotillomania video surveillance policy government facility wheelchair ramp tips Burger king kids kitchen Medical malpractice license boards Playboy big breasts video us patents and trademark office Free membership adult site no credit card http://www.personal-injury-attorney-califor.info/Patent_jobs_monster.html Honda element used