Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Leapin' Lizards!

I'm baaaaack!

I had a grand ol' time in Bintan. I have never been pounded and rolled around like a piece of dough so much in my entire life. I spent 75% of my time being pampered and spoilt by non-stop spa treatments and facials. It was truly shiok ah!

Interestingly, I didn't see a single stray cat or dog there. But I did see THIS!

A freaking big lizard! Most people assumed it was an iguana. But look at it. It doesn't look anything like an iguana. It looks more like a komodo dragon. I badly wanted to go closer for a better shot of it on my cam. But I decided that I didn't want to die from a poisonous bite just as my vacation was starting.

Can anyone tell if this really is a komodo dragon?

~5-Cat Style

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a distant cousin of komodo. seriously, 'cos the legs are partially hidden from view. but indonesia - ok bintan is not part of the main chain of islands - has a rich diversity of wildlife that the world may yet discover some more.

have a friend who once had an iguana for a pet :D

kuro.shiro.neko said...

maybe it migrated from the islands of komodo!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a monitor lizard that can be seen in parts of Singapore such as MacRitchie. I have heard of Malay workers bring them home to cook.

=^..^= said...

I think you guys are right. It's most probably a monitor lizard. A bloody big one at that!

Must be feeding darn well on the fishies in the stream.

~5-Cat Style